These terms and conditions govern your use of this website. By using this website, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use this website.
License to use website
Unless otherwise stated, www.gonovate.com and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view, download for caching purposes only, print pages, user manuals, or other product information from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from this website (including republication on another website)
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from the website
- Show any material from the website in public
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for commercial purpose
- Edit or otherwise modify any material on the website, or
- Redistribute material from this website except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution.
- You must not use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website, or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
- You must not use this website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
- You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to this website without www.gonovate.com’s express written consent.
- You must not use this website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
- You must not use this website for any purposes related to marketing without www.gonovate.com’s express written consent.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. www.gonovate.com makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, www.gonovate.com does not warrant that:
- This website will be constantly available, or available at all, or
- The information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
- Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. If you require advice in relation to any legal, financial or medical matter you should consult an appropriate professional.
Limitations of liability
www.gonovate.com will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
To the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss:
For any indirect, special or consequential loss, or
For any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if www.gonovate.com has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit www.gonovate.com’s liability in respect of any.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
You accept that, as a limited liability entity, www.gonovate.com has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against www.gonovate.com ‘s officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website.
Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect www.gonovate.com’s officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors as well as www.gonovate.com.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
You hereby indemnify www.gonovate.com and undertake to keep www.gonovate.com indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation; legal expenses and any amounts paid by www.gonovate.com to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of www.gonovate.com’s legal advisers) incurred or suffered by www.gonovate.com arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these terms and conditions, or arising out of any claim that you have breached any provision of these terms and conditions.
Breaches of these terms and conditions
Without prejudice to www.gonovate.com’s other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, www.gonovate.com may take such action as www.gonovate.com deems appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the website, prohibiting you from accessing the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you
www.gonovate.com may revise these terms and conditions from time-to-time. Revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of this website from the date of the publication of the revised terms and conditions on this website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
www.gonovate.com may transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with www.gonovate.com’s rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions without notifying you or obtaining your consent. You may not transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with US law, and any disputes relating to these terms and conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction.
GoNovate is committed to protecting your privacy. Our goal is to provide you with a positive experience on our website www.gonovate.com (“Website”), while at the same time keeping your Personal Information secure.
Personal Information. This means any information that can be used to identify a specific natural person directly or indirectly, either in isolation or in combination with other information. Some examples of Personal Information include a name, address, email address, phone number, any ID number or location data.
Aggregated Information. Information may be aggregated and/or anonymized. When information is aggregated, it is combined with information about other customers and users. Aggregated information that includes Personal Information is considered Personal Information until it has been anonymized.
Anonymized Information. When information is anonymized, the information can no longer be attributed to a specific natural person without the use of additional information, for example, how many users viewed a particular website video or advertisement, such information cannot be used to identify you. In general, usage data collected when you visit the Website is both aggregated and anonymized so it does not identify you personally and therefore is not Personal Information.
Children’s Personal Information.The Website is not directed to, nor does GoNovate knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16 (Sixteen), or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction. If we are informed that we have collected the Personal Information of a child under the age of 16, we will delete that Personal Information from our systems. If you believe we might have inadvertently collected Personal Information from or about a child under the age of 16, please contact us at privacy@Gonovate.com
What Information Do We Collect
Device and Technical information. We automatically collect information when you visit the Website, including:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer or other device to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and language preferences. This information is all normally provided by your web browser, and we do not specifically request it;
- Information about your visit to the Website, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (“URL”) clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time); Products you viewed or searched for; page response times; download errors; length of visits to certain pages; videos watched; page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs); and methods used to browse away from the page;
Device and Technical information.Cookies (to learn more about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org) are small text files that are sent to or accessed from your web browser or your computer’s hard drive. A cookie typically contains the name of the domain (internet location) from which the cookie originated, the “lifetime” of the cookie (i.e., when it expires) and a randomly generated unique number or similar identifier. A cookie also may contain information about your computer, such as user settings, browsing history and activities conducted while using the Services.
The Website use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies, which are required for the operation of the Website. Without them, for example, you would not be able to register or log in for the Website.
- Analytical/performance cookies, which allow www.gonovate.com to recognize and count the number of visitors, learn how visitors navigate the Website and improve the Website.
- Functionality cookies, which www.gonovate.com uses to recognize you when you return to the Website.
- www.gonovate.com also uses analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to collect Other Information. Generally analytics services do not identify individual users. Many analytics services allow you to opt out of data collection. For example, to learn more about Google Analytics practices and to opt out, visit www.google.com/settings/ads .
Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with third parties who provide services to us (including, for example, business partners, subcontractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and we may receive information about you from them.
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect for a number of purposes. These purposes will be consistent with the reason you provided the information to us or for a directly related purpose. The uses we make of such information are to:
- set up an account for you on the Website;
- facilitate your purchase and/or download of our Products;
- authenticate use of your account or purchases and/or use of our Products;
- register your Product in our product database;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- assist you with customer support;
- communicate about and administer participation in customer promotions and surveys;
- provide the Products you request;
- provide you with information about the Products you use, such as new features, bug fixes, service downtimes or upgrades;
- help us develop new products and improve current Products;
- provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. We (or selected third parties) will contact you by electronic means only if you have opted-in to receive marketing information. “Opt-in” means that you have taken an affirmative action to receive information, such as by checking a box or clicking a button;
- notify you about changes to the Website and Products and changes to our terms, conditions and policies;
- administer the Website and Products for internal operational purposes, including troubleshooting, data and statistical analysis, testing, research and survey purposes;
- improve the Website and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device;
- ensure the security of the Website;
- monitor and regulate interactive features of the Website and our products that you choose to participate in, including online forums and chat rooms relating to our products;
- help you navigate the Website;
- help you access and use certain features of the Products remotely and to help you monitor and safeguard your home and home network;
- provide you with information and recommendations about Internet and utility usage in your home;
- measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others who visit the Website and to deliver relevant personalized advertising to you and others; and
- determine which aspects of the Website and our products are most useful to you.
Why We Use Information
We also use your Personal Information to protect our business (for example, against fraud), or to comply with legal requirements to which we are subject (for example, tax or financial reporting requirements).
Under no circumstances do we rent or sell your Personal Information to third parties for marketing purposes. We only share your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes if you have granted us permission to do so, and in accordance with the Marketing section below. We share Personal Information in the following ways:
within www.gonovate.com for purposes of data processing or storage;
- with business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents or contractors to provide a requested service or transaction, including processing orders, hosting websites, storing your information, providing email communications on our behalf and providing customer support. For example, when making purchases on the www.gonovate.com website stores, www.gonovate.com uses a payment processor to verify your payment card information. Your payment card information is passed through to the payment processor and is not collected or stored by www.gonovate.com. The payment processor is authorized to use this information only to authenticate your purchase and for no other purpose. We only provide these third parties with the minimum amount of Personal Information necessary to complete or provide the requested service or transaction, and we do not allow third parties to use your Personal Information for a different purpose than what was disclosed to you;
- with service providers, advisors or other third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of our assets. If GoNovate merges with or acquires or is acquired by another entity, Personal Information would be transferred as a whole to the successor entity;
- to comply with the law or legal process (such as responding to subpoenas or court orders), to comply with government reporting obligations and to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; and
In addition, we share aggregated anonymized information, including usage data about our products, with third parties for a variety of purposes, including to analyze trends about home networking and utility use, to show third parties how their products could work with the Products and to generally improve home networking. We’ve taken steps to ensure that this information cannot be linked back to you and we require third parties to keep all shared information in its anonymized form.
Any third parties with whom we share your Personal Information are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using it for any other purpose. We will take all reasonable steps to make sure these third parties comply with the same privacy principles that govern our collection of your Personal Information.
We will ask for your consent, such as by email response, opt-in box or click through agreement acceptance, before we use or share your Personal Information for any other purpose.
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Information for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your Personal Information) if we intend to use your Personal Information for marketing purposes, or if we intend to disclose your Personal Information to any third party for marketing purposes.
If you do not wish to receive direct marketing material from us or a third party, in addition to following the “Unsubscribe” instructions in a marketing email, you can send us an email request at privacy@Gonovate.com.
Where We Store Your Information
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, various locations globally, including the United States. It may also be processed by GoNovate staff or contractors operating outside your country of residence (including, if you are in Europe, outside of the EEA) who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. We also use cloud-based applications and services to store and process your Personal Information, which may result in your Personal Information being stored outside your country of residence.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
We need your help in keeping your Personal Information accurate and up to date, so please notify us of any changes to your Personal Information. You can access and update your Personal Information and communication preferences at any time in the following ways:
by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any email you receive from us;
by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your name, email address and specific relevant information about the information you would like to change or the material that you no longer wish to receive; or
for the Website, by signing in to your online account located at the URL provided when you signed up for the website.
We will honor your request to:
- correct your data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- transfer Personal Information you have provided to us to a third party if we are processing that data on either on the basis of your consent or to perform a contract with you;
- delete your Personal Information, unless we are required to retain it by law or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; and/or
- provide you with a copy of your Personal Information held on our current records. If you are outside the EEA, we may make a reasonable charge if records must be accessed from backed up or archived records.
Retention of Personal Information
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We strive to maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the information collected by the Website. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not 100% secure.
It is important to note that if you use a computer or device that can be accessed by others, other people may be able to access unencrypted Personal Information. If you do not want your information to be available to others, exercise caution when using public computers or devices or when using any computer or device to which users unauthorized by you may have access.
We recommend that you take every precaution in protecting your Personal Information when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser. You should also be aware that names that you give your Wi-Fi-enabled devices, home networks and services (also known as “friendly names”) may be detectable by others outside your home, so you should not use Personal Information as part of your friendly names.
Third Party and Social Media Linked Sites
How to Contact Us